Lil Travel Folks is supported by its readers. If you purchase through a link on my site, I may earn a commission. Learn more
Planning a family vacation to Dollywood and wondering if the DreamMore Resort is right for a family with kids? Here are some of the things that your kids can do to make the most of their trip!
There are plenty of activities for kids at the Dollywood DreamMore Resort. From Camp DW to the indoor pool and plenty of activities, you’ll have lots to do even if you aren’t planning on visiting the Dollywood Theme Park or Splash Country water park.
Dollywood and the DreamMore Resort are located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee in the rolling foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. It’s absolutely gorgeous, and a trip to the amusement park is wonderful for all ages – from adults down to small children (we’ve gone several times with grandparents AND babies!).
Here are the best things to do at the Dollywood DreamMore Resort for kids:
This camp provides fun indoor and outdoor activities for all kids! They have pool parties in the summer, and everything is themed, so your child will stay occupied while using their imagination. What they will experience here can be crafts, playtime, storytime, or other fun activities! You can see what activities are planned on the Resort Weekly Activity Schedule. The activities do not leave the resort, so your kids will be close! There are takeaway craft kits that cost extra that you can purchase in the main lobby from 9:00-10:00 am.
You can join Camp DW every night at 8:00pm around the fire pit to hear a bedtime story! This is a fun activity for the whole family to sit and listen, and it’s perfect for winding down after a long day.
S’mores Around the Fire
Every night from 7:00-8:00pm you can roast S’mores around the wood burning fire pit! This is weather permitting, though, and possibly seasonal, so if the weather isn’t very favorable when you plan to visit, this may be out.
But, if the weather is good, plan on roasting some s’mores with your family. It’s a great experience.
Family Game Room
This game room is just screaming quality family time! There are everyone’s favorites, like air hockey and foosball, while there are also board games for everyone of all ages! In addition, they also have gaming consoles! The hours here are very flexible, from 9:00am to 9:30pm.
Our kids really enjoy the air hockey, and they can get quite competitive at it.
This playground is fun for all ages! It is fort-style, and has a climbing wall.. It even has slides for those of younger ages.
Hot Apple Cider
Seasonally every day from 4:00-6:00 pm you and your kids can enjoy hot apple cider. It’s always a hit with me and my kiddos! You can find it in the Main Lobby.
Depending on your kid, they might really enjoy the live music that comes to the resort every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. All of these days have live music from 8:00-10:00 am, but the weekend dates (Sat and Sun) have live music at 7:00-9:00 pm as well.
*Note: Times are subject to change. See Dollywood Resort Weekly Activity Schedule for all dates and times.*
The Swimming Hole
This outdoor pool area is absolute fun for the kids and relaxation for the adults. There is plenty of natural shade around the edges, and the pool has a cascading waterfall!
For the little kiddos, one end of the pool starts at zero feet and gradually slopes down so your child, no matter the age or height, can find the perfect depth for them. Also for the small kids, there is a splash pad if that’s more their thing.
As adults, you can relax on a shaded chair and listen to the waterfall and breathe in that fresh mountain air while you enjoy the beautiful view of Mt. LeConte. You can also soak in the Hot Tub for extra relaxation.
The Lifeguards are the best of the best and are always around when the pool is open! The pool closes due to weather and when the cooler season comes.
*Note: The Hot Tub is open year-round but is reserved for people 16 or over, even when accompanied by an adult.*
The Garden House
This pool is open year-round and is indoors. This indoor pool is also heated, which is a bonus! There are beautiful windows with great views of the Smoky Mountains.
Resort Rooms for the Family
If you’re looking for a fun room for your stay, you can’t go wrong with one of their family-style rooms with bunk beds. Here are some options:
- King with Bunk Beds. This room sleeps four and includes a king sized bed for Mom and Dad and a set of twin bunks for up to two kiddos. It also has a bathroom with a tub and a desk with charging stations.
- Pation Poolside with Bunk. This room also sleeps four guests and includes a king sized bed and a set of twin bunk beds. This room has a private outdoor patio just steps from the pool. It also has a bathtub and desk with charging stations.
- There are other options as well including a sleeper sofa, but if you have more than four in your group like we do you will have to look at the suites.
- Family Suite. This suite still sleeps only four guests, but it has more room to spread out in. This room features two separate sleeping quarters, one with a king sized bed and the other with the set of twin bunk beds, so if you want a little space from your kids this might be a good option. First floor suites have patios.
- Patio Poolside Suite. This suite also sleeps four guests and, like the family suite, has separate sleeping quarters – one with the king bed and the other with the twin bunk beds. It is also large enough for an additional portable crib if needed. You have a poolside patio in this suite.
- Junior Suite. This is the only option at the DreamMore resort that fits my family of six. It sleeps exactly six and has a king bed, twin bunk beds and a sleeper sofa, but you won’t get separate sleeping quarters from your kids as the bunks and sleeper sofa are all in the same living space as the king bed. Still, it’s a great option for those with more than two kids!
I know kids really get a kick out of bunk beds at a hotel! I know ours really enjoyed it! So if you’re planning a stay here, try to get a room with bunks for the kiddos because it really adds a lot of fun to the vacation. You won’t find many queen beds at this hotel – it’s king sized, baby!
Learn more about all the room options and take 3D tours here.
Exclusive Discounts on Dollywood Tickets
When you stay at Dollywood’s Dreammore Resort, you get the chance to purchase discounted tickets. You can get two day or three day packages and in the warmer months you can even add Dollywood’s Splash Country water park! We love the convenience of being able to ride the DreamMore trolley from the park to the resort, so you don’t have to worry about messing around with parking.
Find the resort ticket discounts here
Check out our review of all of the kid’s rides at Dollywood, too!
Other Amenities at the Resort
Here are some other things you can expect while staying at the DreamMore:
- Complimentary wi-fi
- True Southern hospitality
- Easy access to the theme park, Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Full-servince salon and spa for some great mother daughter time
- Exceptional customer service
- On-site playground
- Outdoor seating area
- Coffee maker in each room
- Free parking
- Lots of cable channels
- Fitness center
- Great dining options
- Gift shop
Christmas at the DreamMore Resort with Kids
There are some activities at the resort that are only available at Christmastime, so I wanted to be sure and include these in case you find yourself in Pigeon Forge around the holidays.
The hotel is decorated inside and out for the holidays, and it is really beautiful! We love the 25-foot-tall Christmas tree in the main lobby, as well as all the different holiday decor around the hotel.
Enjoy some delicious holiday fare in the resort’s eatery, Song and Hearth: A Southern Eatery. You’ll find all kinds of Christmas favorites here, and if you’re in town for Thanksgiving you’ll find an amazing brunch, too!
You’ll find lots of live entertainment around the holidays at the DreamMore Resort. Listen to your favorite Christmas tunes and even enjoy a Christmas Tree Show every night by the Swimming Hole!
Camp DW Christmas Activities
Find lots of holiday themed kid-friendly activities at Camp DW including:
- Help writing letters to Santa
- Christmas wreath decorating
- Gingerbread house decorating
- Christmas ornament painting
- Holiday travel pillows
- Santa’s village ceramic sets
- Christmas canvas painting
Final Thoughts on Things to Do at the Dollywood DreamMore Resort for Kids
There are lots of great things to do at the Dollywood DreamMore Resort for kids, including decorating Christmas wreaths, writing letters to Santa, and painting ornaments if you are there for the holida season. You’ll also find plenty of live entertainment and festive food options at the resort, plus a wonderful swimming hole and Camp DW activities when it’s warmer!
The kids will love a room with bunk beds, so why not give the Dollywood DreamMore Resort a try? If you are planning on heading to Dollywood anyways, it’s a cinch to ride the trolley from the resort to the park!